It is celebrated on May 7 each year.
Saint Nilos was descended (according to his Order published in 1847 AD) from Saint Peter of Kynourias and lived during the first half of the 17th century AD. From a young age, he was received by his uncle, the hieromonk Makarios, in the holy Assumption Monastery, the so-called Malevi, where, after being educated in godliness, he was ordained a deacon. However, both desiring an even more ascetic life, they moved to Mount Athos, where, after spending a short time asceticing in the cave that Saint Peter the Athonite had made an ascetic (honored on June 12), they then moved to a deserted area near the Lavra of Saint Athanasios , they built a temple in the name of Hypapanti and remained there ascetics with strictness.
Later Saint Niles, for greater practice, took refuge in a cave located in a very steep rock, where, after erecting a small temple, he remained practicing and praying night and day throughout the rest of his life.
Saint Niles slept in peace on November 12, 1651 AD. and was buried near his cave. After his holy burial, fragrant myrrh flowed from his tomb, which provided healing to those sick who came there in faith.
Later, due to territorial changes, the tomb of Osios disappeared and remained unknown for many years. In 1815 AD, Holy Nile appeared to a certain monk, called Aichmalotos, and after prophesying many futures to him, he then ordered him to make the road to his cave passable, so that the monks could pass to worship and work the temple he had founded.
Immediately the monk Aichmalotos announced to the rest of the fathers what was ordered by Osios, and they eagerly rushed not only to open the road, but also to build a new church in honor of Osios. During the excavation of the foundations of the temple, his tomb and sept remains were found, which gave off an indescribable fragrance.